Vienna is located in the very heart of Europe and is a very green city – about half of the city is covered by forests, grassland, parks and gardens.
Vienna‘s historic city centre ranks among the most beautiful historical cities in Europe. Numerous churches, palaces and parks contribute to the imperial flair of Vienna‘s Old Town. On the other hand, Viennese Art Nouveau (Jugendstil) has also brought forth unique places of interest. This mix of old and new, tradition and modernity is what gives Vienna its extra special flair.
Vienna is a paradise for art lovers. Over 120 museums and collections are open to the public, showcasing works of the highest calibre. They include the world’s largest collection of Bruegels at the Kunsthistorisches Museum (Museum of Fine Arts) as well as the MuseumsQuartier Wien, one of the largest museum complexes in the world.
Vienna is also renowned as the world’s capital of music. It has been home to “Waltz King” Johann Strauss, “Prince of Song” Franz Schubert, Haydn, Beethoven, Brahms, Schoenberg and Mahler, not to mention Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Enjoy an unrivalled selection of music – from opera and operettas to concerts and musicals – in Vienna, music is literally in the air!
Vienna is at its most beautiful in winter. There are many great ways to discover and explore the city.
1) Visit the Imperial Butterfly House & the MuseumsQuartier
2) Take an evening trip and take a look at Belvedere Palace at night
3) Visit a Christmas market & drink Weihnachtspunsch
4) Ice skating & Try some roasted chestnut
5) Listen to an advent concert
6) Vienna is the city of cafés and breweries - experience the lifestyle of world-famous cafés and pubs & try some good craft beers and cake.